Marilyn Manson and actor Esme Bianco settle sexual assault lawsuit

Marilyn Manson and actor Esme Bianco settle sexual assault lawsuit

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Game of Thrones” actor Esmé Bianco has agreed to settle a federal lawsuit with rocker Marilyn Manson in which she alleges sexual, physical and emotional abuse, attorneys for both sides said Wednesday. .

Bianco has settled her lawsuit against Manson and his record company “to move on with her life and career,” attorney Jay Ellwanger said in an email.

Manson’s attorney, Howard King, also confirmed the deal in an email. He previously said the actions alleged in the lawsuit “just never happened” and were “probably untrue.”

In the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles federal court in 2021, Bianco said Manson, whose legal name is Brian Warner, violated human trafficking law by bringing her to California from England in 2009 and 2011 under the false pretense of papers in music videos and movies. that never materialized.

The lawsuit alleges that Manson deprived Bianco of food and sleep, gave her alcohol and drugs, locked her in a room, spanked her, cut her, gave her electric shocks, tried to force her to have sex with another woman, and threatened to break into her life. to his room. and rape her during the night.

A court filing Tuesday says a motion to dismiss, which remains subject to a judge’s approval, will be filed within the next 45 days. Details of the terms were not disclosed.

Two similar lawsuits against Manson, one brought by a former assistant, the other by a model, have been thrown out by judges while at least one more remains.

In September, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department handed over a 19-month criminal investigation into the sexual assault allegations against Manson, but prosecutors said more evidence needed to be collected before they could decide whether he should be charged.

Manson is also suing his ex-fiancée, Evan Rachel Wood, alleging the “Westworld” actor conspired with a friend to use false accusations and pretenses to get other women to talk about him.

In a court statement, Wood said he had never pressured anyone to make false accusations against Manson.

Bianco and others issued their allegations after Wood said on social media in early 2021 that Manson sexually, physically and emotionally abused her during their relationship. Manson’s record label and agents dropped him at that point.

Wood expanded on her experience with Manson in an HBO documentary, “Phoenix Rising,” which aired last year.

The Associated Press generally does not identify people who say they have been sexually assaulted unless they come forward publicly, as Bianco and Wood have done.

Bianco played Ros in the first three seasons of HBO’s “Game of Thrones.”

Follow AP entertainment writer Andrew Dalton on Twitter: https://twitter.com/andyjamesdalton

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *