Amazon is probably the largest and most popular e-commerce and shopping site out there. It also has apps available for both Android and iOS. While Amazon’s website and mobile app are fairly easy to use, some of the options can be confusing for users.
For example, if you just joined Amazon, you may need help accessing the option to change your country or region. Amazon allows its customers to make purchases between countries; therefore, from time to time you may need to change the country or region on Amazon.
If you are one of those who frequently travel to new countries, this feature can be very useful for you. Since Amazon distributes in all countries, it allows you to change countries easily. So, if you are looking for ways to change the country on Amazon, then continue reading the guide.
Ways to change country on Amazon
Here are some of the best and easiest ways to change country on amazon. We have shared the steps for both the Amazon website and their mobile apps. Let us begin.
How to change country/region on the Amazon website
You don’t need to update your preferences if you only want to shop from a different country. You can simply change the country without changing your Amazon account settings. This is what you should do.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and visit Amazon website.
2. Next, just below the search bar, click on the language of the country dropdown.
3. From the list of options that appears, select Change country/region.
4. On the next screen, click on the dropdown under ‘Select your preferred country/region website‘ and select the country/region.
That is! This is how you can change the Country/Region on Amazon. However, please note that this is a temporary change; To make the new language permanent, you need to follow the below method.
How to change the country of your Amazon account
Well, if you moved to a new country, you’d better update your billing information and change your country. If you do, you don’t need to manually enter your billing information and change the location. This is what you should do.
1. First, visit the Amazon website from any web browser and sign in to your account.
2. Next, click the Account & Lists dropdown menu and select ‘Manage your content and devices‘.
3. On the Manage your content and devices screen, switch to ‘preferences‘ eyelash.
4. In the Preferences, click on the Country/Region settings.
5. Then click on the Change button next to your current country.
6. Now update your new billing information, set the country from the drop down menu and click on the To update button.
That is! This is how you can change the country of your Amazon account in easy steps.
How to change the country in the Amazon application?
Let’s say you’ve moved to Canada or want to explore the shopping catalog available to Canadian users. In this case, you need to change the Amazon country to Canada. You can also use the Amazon mobile app to change countries. Here’s how to change your country in the Amazon app.
1. First, open the Amazon app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Then tap on the burger menu in the upper right corner.
3. From the list of options that appears, expand the settings menu.
4. Under Settings, tap on language of the country.
5. Next, touch the Country/Region and update your new country. Similarly, you should also change the language.
6. Once done, tap on the Done button.
That is! This is how you can change your country in the Amazon app.
So this guide is about how to change the country on Amazon. After changing the country, you would also have to change the language on Amazon. If you need any further help changing your country on Amazon, please let us know in the comments below. Also, if the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.